Sunday, January 9, 2011

I Made A Present For You! Free Wallpaper For Your Desktop

Chattooga-WS-Md.gif


Check out this coolio picture. This is a landscape photo that I made a couple of summers ago on a backpacking trip on the Chattooga River Trail. This is one of those photos that takes me right back to the moment I took it whenever I look at it. I can still remember how peaceful and quiet it was that morning, with just the sound of the water trickling by. I remember how I felt being there taking the photo, how calm everything was. That's why I keep is as my desktop wallpaper most of the time. You need moments of Zen when you work on a computer most of your day.

Last month, I spent a good bit of time thinking about all the good stuff that happened in 2010, and one of the best things that happened in 2010 was how many people have been interested enough in what I'm doing to keep checking in on me and encouraging me to keep it up. It's been really cool to have someone to share my pictures with, and I'm very grateful for everyone's contribution to my growth. I'm grateful to everyone who's liked my work enough to hire me to photograph their families and loved ones and special moments. I'm grateful to everyone who took the time to read my posts, or look at an album, and especially to make a comment. And I'm grateful to anyone who took the time to tell someone else about me. Because you guys are doing all that, I get to keep making pretty pictures of cool people and places.

And that brings me to the best part. Today, I'm giving everyone a present. I know it's not a lot, but if you read the last post, you know what it took to get it done... so I'm totally going with the counting of the thought on this one. I mean, I love you guys. I really love you guys. And to show you my love, I've set it up so you can download your own copy of this to use as your desktop wallpaper on your computer too. All you gotta do is click on this link and pick the right size file for your monitor. And now that I know how to make this kind of neat stuff happen, I have a few more that I will be adding later.. yay!

Now, you are welcome to share this with anyone you like. After all, free stuff is pretty cool. There are links here on the blog and on the webpage where the downloads are. There's not really any restrictions on it. Just don't go entering contests with it and telling people you made it or anything. But if you do, and you win, I want a cut. Just sayin'.

Thanks for making 2010 really awesome. I'm looking forward to 2011, The Year of Putting It All Together.... more on that later.

No comments:

Post a Comment