Saturday, October 30, 2010

Magic the Dog: Cumming Pet Portrait

I'd like to introduce you to Magic the Dog. Magic is a really sweet dog, one of the sweetest dogs I've ever met. I actually took her photos quite a while ago, but I've been holding them back because they were part of a birthday surprise that I didn't want to spoil. See, Magic is Paul's dog. And Paul's wife Laura decided to surprise him this year by having Magic's portrait made. So one day while Paul was at work, I visited with Laura and Magic to make photography... uh.. magic. The tricky part wasn't that Magic is a black dog, which is pretty darn hard to photograph. The hard part of this was that Magic is kinda scared of stuff. Actually, Magic is a lot scared of a lot of stuff. But, with a lot of bacon and cheese flavored bribery, and my nice long zoom lens, we were able to get some pretty darn cute pictures of her.

So, this week was Paul's birthday and Laura surprised him with a nice, big, super awesome acrylic print of this first photo. And let me tell you, it made a beautiful acrylic print.

Cumming Pet Portrait 9.jpg


Here's a few more of my favorites from the session. This next one is a particular favorite. I really love dog grins. I'm convinced that they know they're doing it and do it on purpose to amuse us, not because they understand that we think it's a smile, but because they know we'll give them more treats if they do it.

Cumming Pet Portrait 2.jpg


Cumming Pet Portrait 5.jpg


Cumming Pet Portrait 6.jpg


Cumming Pet Portrait 8.jpg


I hope you've enjoyed your visit with Magic. And Happy Birthday Paul!!

1 comment:

  1. Amanda -- What another wonderful surprise. I am at a loss for words. Looking around my home office, and seeing the pictures of Magic that you took, underscores the superb photographer you are. Thank you for helping make my birthday so special and memorable.

    With much admiration and respect,

    Paul

    ReplyDelete